May 8 | 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$130
Learn to Knit
Date: Saturdays May 8, 15, 22, & 29 2021
Time: 10am – 12pm
Instructor: Terry King
Class is limited to 5 students
Skill Level: Beginner (For both right and left-handed students)
Class Description: This four-part, 8-hour class will launch you upon your knitting journey! In the first two classes you will learn the most common method to cast on, how to work the knit stitch in a manner that works for you. You will also learn the method of knitting most suitable for you. In the second class you will learn how to work the purl stitch and how to alternate knits & purls. In the third class you will start a cowl or scarf (your choice) to practice your new skills! You will also learn to read a very basic pattern.
Class 1 & 2
- 1 hank of Cascade 220 wool yarn in a light to medium color.
- US #8 Knitter’s Pride straight knitting needles.
Class 3 & 4
- A pattern that can make either a cowl or scarf will be provided.
- Yarn: 1 hank for a cowl or 2 hanks for a scarf of Malabrigo Rios or Berroco Ultra Alpaca in color of your choice. (If you will go on to make a matching hat you may want to purchase a 3rd hank.)
- Needles: US #8 straight or circular needle or size needed for gauge.
Skills you will learn: You will learn casting on, the knit stitch, the purl stitch, how to alternate between knit stitches & purl stitches in rows and within the same row, and to bind off. In the third class you will learn how to read a basic knitting pattern and knit a cowl or scarf.
Homework: Please purchase all materials and have yarn wound, if needed, before class.