- This event has passed.
January 2 | 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$35
Class Date: Thursday January 2nd
Skill Level: All levels.
Class Description: Ripping back is frustrating and often unnecessary! Learn to recognize correctly worked stitches and what to do when things don’t look right or definitely go horribly wrong! Then learn techniques for how to correct your work like how to un-knit (tink), pick up dropped stitches, untwist stitches, add or remove yarn overs, and other techniques to use when a stitch just doesn’t look right.
- Two swatches See Homework below for details
- Handi-tool or crochet hook in size G or H
- Tapestry or Darning needle
Skills you should have: Beginning level through purl stitch
Skills you will learn: Ripping, tinking (unknitting), correcting various types of typical errors
- Knit two swatches and leave them on the needles with working yarn still attached:
- Use smooth, plied, worsted weight yarn in a solid, light color. Both swatches should be approx 30 to 40 stitches wide and 4” high. Leave them on the needles with working yarn still attached.
- Swatch #1 work in stockinette stitch (knit on right side, purl on wrong side)
- Swatch #2 using another set of needles work in garter stitches (knit on both sides)