- This event has passed.
Knit an Omena Circular Vest
August 6, 2020 | 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$100
Dates: Thursdays August 6th & 20th and September 3rd
Time: 10am – 12pm
Skill Level: Experienced Beginner
Class Description: Everything about Omena is fun, from cast on to total wearability. Knit with options for a 1-color or a 3-color gradient, the seamless construction is totally unique! The armholes are self-finishing, so all that’s left is to weave in a few ends, and you are ready for a chill in the air. Instructions for making the back wider will be included in the class if desired.
- Pattern: Omena by Jill Zielinski (available through Ravelry)
- Yarn: Worsted weight yarn. Suggested yarns: Knitted Wit Worsted, Sweet Georgia Worsted, Loop Yin Yang Worsted, Malabrigo Rios, Jodi Long Worsted, Noro Ito, Noro Silk Garden, or Arkaik Fibre Tweed Aran.
- 1-color option requires approx. 775 (950) yds
- 3-color option requires approx.
- 250 (300) yd Color 1
- 225 (300) yd Color 2
- 325 (375) yd Color 3
- Needle: US 9 / 5.5 mm 40” / 100 cm circular needle—or size necessary to obtain gauge
- Waste yarn
- Stitch markers (3)
- Tapestry needle
Gauge: 16 sts x 20 rows = 4” / 10 cm in st st
Skills you should have: At a minimum you should know the basics of knitting.
Skills you will learn: Crochet provisional cast on, backward loop cast on in the middle of a project, novel garment construction and pattern reading.
Homework: Please purchase all materials and have yarn wound, if needed, before class.